3.11.10

Girl power

The hottest stars from music and television stepped out in force last night to attend Cosmopolitan magazine's Ultimate Women Awards at the Banqueting House in London.

There were some surprises in terms of who won what (Christine Bleakley, ahem) but what wasn't surprising was the amount of glamour on show. I've picked my three favourite hair and beauty looks of Cosmo's red carpet.


It can often be a mistake to have a lot going on with hair and make-up at the same time, but with her hair pulled away from her face (for a change) Kimberley Walsh managed to pull off this look perfectly, well, maybe a little less heavy on the eye would've been perfect. It's great seeing the Walsh mixing up her look, however, rather than the predictable smokey eye and ringlets we're so used to seeing from her (not that I've got any room to talk – it's my staple look, but enough about me). Hot Sass & Bide dress, too. I love Kim's look so much that I've made her this week's Beauty Queen.


Doctor Who star Karen Gillan let her outfit do the talking at the awards. Simple hair and make-up complemented her light mustard on-trend blouse dress and tailored blazer. An example of someone who can carry off the "natural" look, Gillan also wore her hair in a very of-the-moment plait. Lovely.


I've become an admirer of Nicola Roberts since she has come into her own over the past few years. It might only be because she's famous that she can carry off this hair colour, but I'm still liking it on her. Love the simple but defined eye make-up used as not to draw attention away from the striking Body Amr dress. Roberts was definitely deserving of her Fashionista of the Year title she received at the awards.

Do you agree?

On a final note, I'd also like to say thank you for your comments so far, really appreciated, keep them coming! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment