5.10.10

Fashion Week – makeup trend alert

With Fashion Week drawing to a close, blub, I thought I'd share the two most wearable make-up catwalk trends I've spotted for s/s 11.

There have been a few looks on the catwalk that, to be honest, haven't really tickled my fancy to carry off in the real world, such as the 'natural' look seen at LFW (never.gonna.happen.). I love my bronzer and mascara FAR too much.











Loud mouths

On the other hand, my favourite catwalk trend from fashion week had to be the scarlet lip. And this look wasn't just sported by the models. Celebs including Sienna Miller (at Matthew Williamson) and Lily Allen (at Givenchy) were trending the look too. I'm not sure I could pull it off myself as I'm more of an "eye" girl, but for those of you who love experimenting with lips, go for it!




Glitter bug

Glitter was huge at Fashion Week, I first noticed it when Kelly Brook and Abbey Clancy were snapped on the runway modelling for Giles Deacon. It became a regular trend on the catwalk – Mark Fast highlighted the inner corners of the eye, and even Topshop dipped into the vibe with glittered nails. I heart glitter, but only feel I can ever get away with it in fancy dress or for Halloween... not anymore.




What was your favourite look from Fashion Week?

No comments:

Post a Comment